|WELCOME BACK to the Petrie Terrace Gallery|
|1. Subject to the Queensland government retaining the timelines for the 3-step plan to exit COVID-19 restrictions, the gallery will re-open for exhibitions and visitors on Friday 12th June however we will need to adhere to the social distancing requirements. The gallery will be back to normal opening hours from the 12th June.|
2. The committee has decided to run the Abstract exhibition in the gallery as well as on line. We will make an assessment about holding any future exhibitions on line in conjunction with the gallery exhibition on a case by case basis.
3. The committee will continue to run regular on line “Let’s Chat” forums through Zoom to keep artists engaged and in touch with each other. The date of the next forum will be advised in the near future. These forums will be held no more than once per month.
4. In the event that restrictions are eased, the committee will consider holding events in the gallery but they would have to be ticketed events so that we can operate within the government guidelines. Events will need to be for smaller numbers at staggered times and drinks will be available but it will not be possible to hold a catered event.
5. Galleries are considered a non-essential business and are unable to reopen until the ban on non-essential business is lifted. The current ban is in place until 19th May when it will be reviewed. This means that life drawing classes or workshops are unable to be restarted yet.
6. Staff and committee are continuing to work in the background keeping the gallery running so we will be well prepared when normality returns. If there is no one answering the gallery phone as the staff may not always be in the gallery, contact details are on the contact page on the website.
7. Please note that all memberships are still paused and the committee will make a decision in the near future on when they will be reactivated.
8. Although we expect to receive some government financial assistance, we would greatly appreciate any donations during this difficult period as we will not be receiving any significant income from RQAS activities. Please contact the gallery if you would like to donate and specify if you would like your donation to be tax deductible.
We are looking forward to a return to normal operations ( whatever normal means in future) and will continue to monitor and adapt our operations in line with the government regulations.
We will keep you updated as the situation evolves but please do not hesitate to contact the gallery if you have any queries or concerns.